The 2014 Advocacy Summit will be held March 24th-26th at the Capital Hilton in downtown Washington, DC.
About the Summit:
The Advocacy Summit is an annual event when people living with and affected by arthritis come from every corner of the United States to convene in Washington, DC.. There they learn how to advocate and build a continuing relationship with their Members of Congress and their staff.
Together, with other advocates and Arthritis Foundation staff, meet with legislators and staff on Capitol Hill to tell Congress that ignoring arthritis is unacceptable and more needs to be done for people with arthritis. If we don’t let Congress know that something must be done about the pain, cost and disability of arthritis, no one else will!
What are we advocating for on Capitol Hill? Click the below issue briefs and Issue Expert Training webinar links to find out!
The Patient’s Access to Treatment Act: HR 460
- Click here to listen to our Issue Expert Training about HR 460: The Patients’ Access to Treatment Act
- Read the HR 460: The Patients’ Access to Treatment Act issue brief.
Access to Pediatric Rheumatologists
- Click here to listen to our Issue Expert Training about HR 1827: Access to Pediatric Rheumatologists
- Read the HR 1827 issue brief
Research Funding at the Department of Defense
- Register for our upcoming Issue Expert Training on Monday, February 24th at 8:00 PM Eastern time.
- Read our issue brief on DOD funding